It’s Fridayyyy (the 13th)!
Hope you all have some fun plans for this weekend. This is the first weekend where I will not be studying in a while and am I ever excited! So why not do a Friday Favorites to kick it off?!
- This Pukka Lemon, Ginger and Manuka Honey tea is some of my favorite tea I have ever tried. It’s smooth, comforting and tasty as can beee.
2. Red Jalapeño/Fresh Garlic Olive Oil. I was a little unsure what to expect from this olive oil, but I went through nearly the entire bottle in a couple months- it goes with just about anything you could want to sauté, cook, roast, etc. Time for me to stock back up!
3. Trader Joe’s Cedar Balsam Candle. I initially saw this candle on Kori’s story on IG, and while I was at TJ’s it caught my eye. We were in desperate need of some candles, and this one brought Christmas to our home! We haven’t had a chance to get a tree yet, but this is a great place holder for that scent. It has a piney, calming scent that burns even more beautifully than when you initially smell it in the jar.
4. Ettitude Sheets. These bamboo sheets are like absolute butter… so silky smooth like you wouldn’t believe. I grabbed them during a Black Friday sale, and it was the best decision. Highly recommend if you are looking for some new bedding.
5. Gnocchi Gorgonzola. This is easily a new favorite of ours from TJ’s. If you are going to try one item at TJ’s right now… make it this! The flavor packed in this is just outstanding. Wowzzaaa.
6. Younger. I am a bit behind on the bandwagon for this series – but this show is so stinkin’ good!! It’s a great Hulu watch when I just need to turn my mind off at the end of the evening. So light and fun. The concept on paper sounds a bit improbable, so rather than try to sum it up, I’d recommend just giving it a watch (It took me about four episodes to be hooked). I’d say it’s geared toward Millenials, but I think anyone could enjoy it.
7. Austin Sunsets. Since it’s been getting darker earlier, I’ve seen more sunsets outside when I’m on my afternoon/evening walks. They are just breathtaking some evenings.
8. This meme cracked me up. The level of ingenuity is impressive- hahah.
9. invisibobble hair ties.These are quite popular right now for good reason. My hair stylist recommended that I replace my basic hairbands with these since I was having a lot of breakage. I was skeptical based on the look of them, but I took her word for it, and I’m glad I did!! These are surprisingly strong, hold my hair better in place than the traditional hair ties and do not rip my hair out. They come in a variety of colors too. They stretch out over time, but I was told you can put them in hot water to shrink them back up.
10. Dark mode on Iphone. While it took a little getting used to, I love using Dark mode on my phone. I almost noticed a difference immediately. My eyes have been so dry and irritated this semester with how much I stare at a screen while watching lectures, studying, etc. This definitely helps calm down the intensity of that light, at least while using my phone. Now they just need one for laptops! I also ordered some blue light glasses, so we’ll see how those work too.
11. And a little holiday bonus… this video is circulating the internet and if you need a good laugh you must watch it!
Have a Merry weekend, friends!
48 thoughts on “Friday Favorites #26!”
This is incredible and I just added so many items on my “to buy” list!!
I’m also experiencing the same eye fatigue with grad school and have been LOVING dark mode. Let me know how your glasses work out!
Yay! Glad you enjoyed this post 🙂 The glasses are working really well…. whoops…. this reminds me I need to put them on this morning haha
Okay that oil sounds like it needs to end up in my cabinet ASAP. I feel like it would be so good one roasted potatoes!
If you don’t want dark mode on your phone all the time, there’s a setting that lets you have it so it goes off of the sun. When the sun is out it’s on light but when the sunsets, my phone automatically changes to dark. I feel like it helps with blue light at night!
I can’t wait to check out that video when I get off work and can actually listen to it.
It’s sooo delicious!!! And that’s a great idea on roasted potatoes- I have to try that. It’s been great on everything we’ve tried so far!
Ohhh I didn’t realize there was that option- thanks for letting me know! DJ hates the look of the dark mode, but this may help him come around to using it!
Yessss, you are in for a treat hahah
I should’ve added that oil to my wish list for Christmas haha. Would be the perfect gift for me.
Yes it is! Hopefully he likes it! I do since it’s not crazy bright when I’m getting ready for bed and setting my alarm but during the day it’s nice and bright.
That’s such a good idea! Any reduced exposure is beneficial, so I think this is a great way to try and convince him haha!
Girl, I’ve missed youuuuuuu!!!!!!!
I just read your last post too. Sounds like you’re coming off of a whole lot of crazy. Praying you can get some rest, down time, and have lots of fun and laughter during this holiday season. Merry Christmas!! 🙂
Nicole!!! Ah I’ve missed YOU!!! <3 Thank you so so much- I hope you do as well :) Can't wait to catch up on your posts! Merry Christmas to your beautiful family!
Yay! Friday Favorites! So many good things. Those sunsets are just gorgeous!! That meme is hilarious! I saw that video. One of my friends shared it since it was picked up by the local news in my hometown. Apparently, she’s from the next town over. It’s so funny. I can see why it went viral. lol. 🙂
So glad you enjoyed this!!! That’s so funny she’s right in the town over from you- I don’t know that I’ve ever laughed so hard at just a random Facebook video. It’s too stinking funny!
As soon as I saw a post was up, I did a happy dance!!!
I know I’ve tried Pukka tea, but I’m unsure if I’ve had this flavor. It sounds so perfect!
That oil, holy deliciousness. I really need to get an infused oil for us!
I’m so thankful that my post about our TJ’s candle helped you!! I love to spread the Christmas cheer. :*
Those sheets sound like a dream.
NEED that gnoochi. Yum!
I’ve never heard of this show, but considering we hardly watch anything with our Hulu subscription, I’ll need to give it a watch!
Sunrises and sunsets will forever amaze me.
That sweater, hahaha!
As soon as dark mode became available, I chose it for my phone and immediately felt better when looking at phone. I do need to add the blue light to my glasses lenses one day.
I so hope you have the best remainder of your semester and this year! Much love to you, Mackenzie. xo
Awww you are the sweetest- so glad you enjoy these posts!!! <3 The manuka honey really makes it- so yummy! Younger is such an easy watch- just something nice and light to put on at the end of a hard or tiring day! Hope you enjoy. And yesss I agree- I immediately feel better with dark mode too. Thank you for reading and your thoughtful comments always!! Happy Saturday, Kori! xo
I love all of your posts! I love honey, & manuka honey is especially delicious. We’ll have to start watching it! Happy Saturday! xo
I want to try that olive oil!!! That meme is hilarious!
Isn’t it a hoot? You’d love the olive oil! Thanks for stopping in, Diane!
Mmm, I am always looking for new teas to try & that Pukka brand is now next on my list. 🙂 The olive oil sounds super interesting, did you just use it as you would use regular olive oil in every meal? How cool that those Ettitude sheets come in a bag like that! & those sunset photos are gorgeoussss! <3 I'm definitely gonna have to watch Younger sometime & OH MY GOSH, that meme made me laugh out loud. Hilarious!! I wonder if my hair is too thick for the invisibobbles but my socks came with these ribbon style hair bands that are stretchy & actually work so I think those may work for me, too. Maybe I'll buy a pack! Good to know you can stretch 'em out & shrink 'em back. Thanks for sharing, Mackenzie!! <3
Hi, Hunida! I think the Pukka brand might be my favorite- the manuka honey is soo good! 🍯 😋 I just added the olive oil to most things I roasted or pan fried! It added so much flavor and a little kick to everything with the chili! Hehe- glad you liked the meme- a test of something is funny is if it actually makes you lol 😆 the invisibobbles stretch so I bet they would work really well for your hair! The ribbon style hair bands sound so interesting- I bet it’s a similar type concept! Thanks for reading 🥰🤗
Definitely gonna pick up a Pukka box of tea next time & maybe a flavored olive oil! Oh & the invisibobbles, too lol. Thank you for all the awesome recs, Mackenzie!!
Yayyy! 🙂 Of course, so glad you like ‘um !
I need to check out those hair ties! I always feel like I’m damaging my hair every time I pull it up! The candle from TJ’s sounds o lovely, as do those sheets and olive oil!
Jimmy and I started to watch Younger when it first came out (a year or two ago?!) and I was pleasantly surprised how into it he was, lol!!
Yess I always felt the same way- these are a game changer!!!
Haha aw I love that you guys watched it together- the show is just so well done and cute. Thanks for reading, Allie 🤗
Loving this favourites post! I feel like I am the only one who doesn’t like dark mode haha, all of my friends use it! That tea sounds delish – I love Ginger teas, especially when I am ill! xxxx
Aw I’m so glad you enjoyed this!! And you are not alone- I cannot get DJ on board 😆 ginger teas are always some of my favorites too- the ginger is soothing (and like you said, especially when you’re not feeling well). Thanks for reading !! 💞
I’ll have to find that tea, I’m a tea person after all lol.
Did not know there was olive oil with red jalapeno and garlic…whaaaa?? Sounds delish honestly.
Bamboo sheets? Interesting. I was introduced to bamboo pillows a few years ago but was not able to get any because I was trying to save. They were super soft though. I hope I can find them again, hopefully not as expensive as back then.
And omg I saw that meme and laughed for a good while 🤣
Omg I’m loving my invisibobble rings too!! I lost one but luckily have two more haha. I notice they dont “bend” my hair the way traditional hair ties do, specially when I straighten my hair. I love them so much and was glad I picked them up around my bday lol
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!
The oil was so goooood!!!
I think looking for a sale on them is the way to go. They are pricy but SO worth it and last a long time. I was thankful to see that Black Friday deal… but I’m sure even Overstock has options or ebay too!
And glad you appreciate the meme- we have such a similar sense of humor. haha.
And YESSSS, exactly. The Invisibobble is a game. changer. LOVE them.
Hope you did toooo 🙂
I told Alex about the oil and he seemed intrigued so I did a quick search and it seems that Safeway stores have it in stock so I truly hope they do have it whenever I happen to drop by so I can try it lol.
Ah yeah I’ll be sure to look into it then thank you!
Yayyyy! Ohhh I hope you find it and enjoy! I miss our Safeways. We have a store here that’s great called H-E-B, but I accidentally refer to it as Safeway allll the time. hahah. And they don’t carry my favorite ice cream that Safeway alwaysss had.
Which was your favorite ice cream from Safeway? I love ice cream but now I’ve been forced go switch to dairy free. Lol. I’m hanging in there and doing my best, I honestly feel better when I dont consume it lmao
It was the Dreyers Oatmeal cookie dough one! Oh gosh I miss it!!!
It’s a good thing there are soo many great dairy free options nowadays though, right?! Have you tried Ben and Jerry’s?
Hmmm I might have had Dreyer’s ice cream but a very long time ago. When i discovered Tillamook (it’s from Oregon!) That’s all I would buy lol. To this day I still prefer Tillamook haha.
I have also tried Ben & Jerry’s and they are delicious. I believe they have a few vegan options? It’s hard to find them at my grocery store, might have to make a trip to whole foods or TJs for that, but those stores can be priceeyyyyy 😫 might stick to going to the ice cream shop instead. Not too far from me 🤗
Ohhhhhh I have to try Tillamook! I don’t think I’ve ever had it! And yesss B + J does have great vegan options 😋 I don’t think Justin TJs carries them though- I do think Safeway has them! But an ice cream shop is always a good choice! 🍦
Let me know if you like tillamook ice cream! They also have cheese, really really good lol.
I really need to make a stop at Safeway because it seems like they have stuff in stock that other stores dont sell. Too bad that they are raising their prices they used to be fairly affordable a little more than 5 years ago.
I really only know about their cheese- but we used to get it all the time at Safeway!! I agree- they have everything. I was always a little disappointed with their prices too- I’d have to get all the club member deals or else it was just too much!
Let me know if you ever get to try the ice cream! After trying their strawberry icecream, no other comes close to it, that may be an overreaction or perhaps my taste/palate has changed, but I really really love it over the rest lol.
Haha I bet you’re right though! I will definitely be keeping an eye out – it sounds SO good!!
So bad news, your birthday card got sent back to me. 😭 it was undeliverable apparently. I know I wrote the address right, but just in case I didn’t, I will double check. Also, it could have been I didn’t put a last name, I just put Mackenzie Marie 🤷♀️ I will DM you on insta to show you how I wrote it later lol
Oh no!!! How odd. I double checked the address I sent to you was correct, and it is… so strange! I’m so sorry! That was sooo sweet of you to send <3
I’m sorry I havent gotten in touch with you via IG, I will try my best to resend it once I’ve confirmed with you that it’s all okay lol
No worries, Rossy!!! Oh my gosh, do not use another stamp. How about you just send pics of it and then you don’t have to worry about it! 🥰 I so appreciate your thoughtfulness. You really are such a great friend & I’m so thankful for ya! ❤️
I’ll do that then 🙂 you are so welcome<3
I think I need to try those hair ties. I remember when I first saw them I was uncertain and thought they would snag my hair more, but everyone has said that they don’t and do a great job of keeping your hair in place. Will be adding them to my shopping list!
I felt the SAME way. I was pretty much forced into buying them from my hair lady and am very thankful! You’ll love them!! Let me know what you think when you try them out 🙂
I will for sure!!