When it comes to fall, I crave all things pumpkin. Specifically, I begin to crave this pumpkin french toast. You won’t even know it’s healthy- promise. The best part (besides the taste) is it’s so easy to make. Even my husband loves this, and he is pretty picky about his breakfast indulgences.
- 1/2 cup 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup Liquid egg whites or egg beaters
- 2 packets of Truvia
- Hearty sprinkle of Cinnamon
- Olive oil pan spray (or PAM)
- 3 slices choice of healthy bread- I use Sarah Lee Delightful or Sprouted Grain. A bread that is light and airy is best.
- 1/4 cup choice of syrup: I use Sugar Free, Lite, or all natural Log Cabin’s. **High fructose syrups upset my stomach so I tend to stick to the lighter ones. Just avoid anything with aspartame !
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, egg whites, Truvia, and cinnamon (a pinch of nutmeg if desired- I prefer without).
- Heat a skillet or pan to medium-high heat, spray lightly with olive oil spray or pan spray of choice
- Dip one piece of bread in the batter until entirely covered.
- Place the bread on the skillet/pan and cook until browned, then flip and brown other side (usually only takes about a minute per side, first piece cooks slower than the next two). Place on a plate when done.
- While the first piece is cooking, begin preparing the next piece. Repeat step #3 and #4 for the last two pieces of bread. *You may want to re-spray the pan between flips and pieces.
- Add 1/4 cup of your favorite syrup and whipped cream if desired ( I like 365 non-dairy whipped cream from Whole Foods).
**If they are cooking too fast, simply turn town the heat!
Nutrition for the batch using Sarah Lee bread and Sugar Free syrup:
*Great source of vitamin A
30 thoughts on “High Protein & Low Fat Scrumptious Pumpkin French Toast”
Yum! I’ll have to try this sometime, Mack. Thank you for sharing the recipe.
Let me know when ya do :)! Hope you are having a great week so far!
It’s going! Lol. Hope you’re doing well!
What a great idea! I’m gluten free and you just sparked an idea of using GF bread to make this! Yum! Thank you! 😊
Thanks, Jessica!!! Yes- you can substitute it with anything so you will have to let me know how it goes with the GF bread. What is your favorite? I Love udis!
Yes, me, too! Udis
Yum, this sounds like such a nice alternative to my usual breakys.
I am a creature of habit and have been eating the same exact breakfast for about two months now, but was craving these to change it up a bit! Now I want them every morning, lol. May be my new habit 😉
Not a bad habit to have! 😊
Looks so good, Mack! Thank you for posting this! Will give it a try for sure! 🙂
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! This may not make it to breakfast.
Heheh! So good right?! I am definitely guilty of eating them for any meal!
I think i might just have to fly you out to Boston so you can be my personal chef….DJ can come too and keep Andrew company ha YUM!!!
Printing this out as we speak so I can attempt it this weekend!
Sounds like a plan!!!! 😉 Let me know what you think! xo
Making this! What a great idea.
Woohoo! Let me know what ya think 🙂
Omgosh making this this weekend!!
I’m going to try a gluten-free version of this for breakfast this morning. Thanks for sharing! This beats the protein shake I was going to have 🙂
Oh My Gosh this looks amazing! I am definitely going to have to try this! <3
Ohhhh girl they are. Lemme know whatchya think 😋😊
I definitely will! <3
OMG, Mack, I’m so glad that I saw this. Pumpkin is one of my FAVs, and with french toast – yummy!
I’m so loving you and DJ’s connection, and your blog. Many blessings to you!! <3 Debbie
Ah yayy, I’m so glad you like this!!!! It truly is something I begin to crave when fall rolls around- SO easy to make too! And aw thank you- I’m thankful for him. He keeps me in check 😉 Big time blessings to you too, Debbie. I hope LA is treating you well. DJ and I are trying to plan a trip there in the next few months because I’ve never been but it’s super tentative with all the unknowns in our schedules. Happy Weekend! xoxo
Cool! If you ever head this way and want to look me up, feel free to email me firstname.lastname@example.org <3
Ahhhhhhh thank you, Debbie!!!!!!! That would be amazing! 💕