Hey everyone! Per request I am excited to share this super easy “dirt” recipe with you! This is one of our favorite desserts. It has taken some trial & error, but I think I’ve nailed down the perfect recipe.
- 1.5 package of double stuffed Oreo cookies
- 2 (3.9 oz) instant chocolate pudding
- 4 C whole milk
- 8 oz. cream cheese- room temperature*
- 1/4 C butter- room temperature*
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 8 oz. Cool Whip
- Gummy Worms are optional!
** It is very important ingredients are at room temperature- the consistency will not be right & it will not blend well if they are not at room temp.
- Put Oreos in a large gallon bag or two to crush. Use a rolling pin or wine bottle to crush into chunks. You also can put some of the Oreos in a food processor to create a fine dust to put directly on top.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the instant pudding with milk for 2 minutes until thoroughly mixed. Let sit for at least 5 minutes.
3. While pudding is sitting, beat together the cream cheese and butter on medium speed until fluffy- 3 minutes or so. A Kitchen Aid is great for this step.
4. Reduce speed to low and add the powdered sugar. Gradually increase speed until fluffy texture is reached.
5. Using a rubber spatula, fold the cream cheese mix into the chocolate pudding. Then fold the cool whip in until completely combined.
6. Assemble your dish- it can be done using any type of pan, dish, mini cups, etc. Alternate layers of the pudding mix/Oreos (and gummy worm if desired).
Sometimes I top with the fine dust, depending on the mood.
7. Let chill for at least five hours. Overnight is best!