It is OFFICIALLY football season- which means Monday night football in this house. I like these nights for what they connote: the general white noise, the relaxing environment that naturally ensues around a football game being broadcast from the TV on a chilly day, and the excuse to bake a million pumpkin-based desserts. To DJ it takes on a totally different meaning, but to us both it’s a wonderful time! Last year I made him hotdogs/chicken-wings/fries/burgers every single football Monday until he noticed that scale budging up a bit 😉 I told him I would health it up, so now I make a few substitutions that he loves! They certainly have a strangely addictive quality about them.
Without further adieu, here are Buffalo Cauliflower “Wings”
- 1/2 Head of Cauliflower
- 1/4 cup Fage yogurt (or any plain nonfat greek)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1.5 TBSP of light butter of choice (Earth balance for vegans or olive oil based butter)
- Hot sauce of choice (Frank’s is best!)
- Ranch seasoning of choice (or a small mixture of dill, parsley, onion powder, and garlic powder)
- Red chili flakes (optional)
- Line a baking pan with foil
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Wash and cut cauliflower florets into hearty lengthwise slices
- Sprinkle Ranch seasoning over cauliflower florets
- Mince garlic
- In a sauce pan, add 1/2 TBSP of butter over medium-high heat
- Add garlic and sautee until it is fragrant and translucent
- Lower to medium heat, Add cauliflower and 1 TBSP of butter (add more if needed)
- Stir until butter is distributed evenly
- Add about 1 TBSP hot sauce among the cauliflower (or sprinkle until cauliflower has a nice light-red color)
- Stir until hot sauce is evenly distributed
- Add to foil-lined pan
- Sprinkle chili flakes lightly over the cauliflower if desired
- Put in the oven for about 20-35 minutes, turning once, until cauliflower is tender and crispy. I like to leave them in until a few florets have a very slight burnt appearance on the edges. **All ovens cook differently
- Put 1/3 cup of Fage or plain greek yogurt of choice in a bowl
- Add 1/2 TBSP of hot sauce
- Add a sprinkle of ranch seasoning (I like adding the dill, parsley, garlic and onion powder mixture to taste).
- Stir together until a nice light red color (add more hot sauce to taste)
*For a teensy bit less healthy version: Some may opt to dip the florets in flour and milk before baking and adding the butter/hot sauce mixture after. DJ likes using plain ranch dressing sometimes too. I prefer the hot sauce dip!
Nutrition for the batch (including dip!): *using Smart Balance Olive oil butter
Fat: 11g (all the good kinds 😜)
Wishing you a winning season (unless you cheer for someone besides the Browns!)
34 thoughts on “Buffalo Cauliflower “Wings””
They look so delicious. I love the name too <3
Thanks, girl! They are soooooo easy and tasty! Xo
Ohh mack!It looks delicious!
Thank you, Karthik!!
I’ve never tried these before! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I’m going to try it this weekend!
Yay!!!!! If you have any suggestions after making them let me know! Also some people make them by dipping them in flour and milk before baking and add the hot sauce and butter mixture after. All about preference- and thought I’d suggest that too! Happy cooking, Samantha! Xx
Wow Mack, this sounds so delicious. I am definitely making it. In fact I’ll make it tomorrow night since I just bought a cauliflower and I’ll eat it as a side dish. Thanks for the share.
Ahh that makes me both excited and nervous too because you are such an amazing cook! If you have any suggestions for me after making them please let me know 🙂 Also, I know some people opt to make them dipped in flour and milk and add the sauce after. Thanks for stopping by- have a wonderful day and happy cooking!
I am sure it’s delicious. Have a great week.
They look good enough to change my nationality to American and move next door to you and see what this “football” is all about so I can taste some of this food!
Okay that is like the BIGGEST compliment!!!! You must at least go to one football game and have the whole experience at some point! 🙌🏻🏈
I’ve been thinking about trying this for a long time…you got me. I’m gonna make this for sure now. 🙂
Awesome!!!!! You will have to let me know what you think! 😋😋💕
I will. 🙂
Yum. I love it. Ingenious.
I made a buffalo cauliflower recipe once, but it was such a pain and crazy ingredients! This one sounds way healthier AND not so time-consuming (which means I get to eat it sooner 😉 ) Love it!
Yay!!!! Girl- you know I’m ALLLLL about the easy food life ✌🏻️ enjoy if you have a chance to make it 💕
Wow! This looks so yummy and easy to cook, how awesome is that! I am snacking on it this weekend 😀
Yayyyy! Let me know what you think 🙂 have a wonderful rest of your week !
This must be so amazing. I have got to make this one. I could live on that forever. I am so glad I got over here for this one. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. I love cauliflower. Blessings to you, Mack.
I am so glad you stopped by!!! I could live on them forever too- I crave these little guys when I haven’t made them in a while. Please enjoy and let me know how you like them! Blessings to you too, Sue!
These look so good
Ooooo girl, they are!
That looks so good
They are a favorite in this house!
So delicious!! Xx
This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe 🙂 x
No problem girlie! Thanks for stopping by!
I’m going to give this a try. Thanks for sharing! It’s such a good idea.
Yayyyy! Thank you for stopping by, Joy, and I hope you enjoy!